Day 14: Anime that never gets old | Let’s Spice the Things Up
Hi guys and welcome to my place!
It’s day 14 of my 30-ish Anime Challenge!!! First, let us see the list of the challenge (You can click any of the days before to go to the post of that day :P):
- Day1: Very first anime you watched
Day 2: Favorite anime you’ve watched so far
- Day 3: Favorite male anime character ever
- Day 4: Favorite female anime character ever
- Day 5: Anime you’re ashamed you enjoyed
- Day 6: Anime you want to see but haven’t yet
- Day 7: Your anime crush
- Day 8: Favorite anime couple
- Day 9: Best anime villain
- Day 10: Favorite fighter anime
- Day 11: Favorite mech anime
- Day 12: Saddest anime scene
- Day 13: Anime character you are most similar to
- Day 14: Anime that never gets old no matter how many times you’ve rewatched it
- Day 15: Favorite anime sidekick, pet or summoning from any anime
- Day 16: Anime with the best animation
- Day 17: Favorite supporting male anime character
- Day 18: Favorite supporting female anime character
- Day 19: Most epic scene ever
- Day 20: Anime character that gets on your nerves
- Day 21: Favorite goofy anime character
- Day 22: Favorite weapon, gear or armor used in any anime
- Day 23: Favorite attack someone used in an anime
- Day 24: Moment that shocked you the most in any anime
- Day 25: Saddest anime death
- Day 26: Best anime fight
- Day 27: Most badass scene from any anime character
- Day 28: Favorite quote from any anime character
- Day 29: An anime you wished was real
- Day 30: An anime you wish never ended and continued on
Hmmm…. This one is a little bit hard, just because I am not that kind of person that rewatches things… However, there is one anime (movie) that I rewatched last week with my best friend and it was like watching it for the first time, even tough I remembered everything 😛 (There is another one, but that one is a secret which I will write a review next week ;)) The anime is:
Paprika is about a team of scientists that invented a technology that let you enter the dreams of other people. It is not yet 100% done, but they already experiment in some depression patients with good results. Basically they use the dreams to enter the subcoscience of the patients and help them work their problems out. However, the technology is stolen and someone starts using that for evil.
From the beginning you know that you are going for a ride of great visuals and wtf moments. As everyone knows we can have really random and strange dreams and Paprika captures that in an excellent way. The visuals and the scenes really amazed me on the first time I watched Paprika, and for the second time, even though I already saw it once, it amazed me all over again. I still can’t understand how the creators were able to reproduce dreams in a so perfect way.
Contrary to the majority of anime movies I’ve seen so far, the pace is really smooth and you don’t feel that the movie is trying to go against time and put a ton of information that the story needs (Yes I am looking at you Silent Voice). You will feel that you are seeing a movie with a beginning, middle and ending with everything well explained and time to understand what are you watching and fall in love with the characters.
Talking about characters, I love the main character: Dr. Chiba/Paprika. Basically she has 2 personalities, her normal self and her persona when visiting other people dreams. Those personalities are completely different, Dr Chiba is more serious, analytical and calm person while Paprika is more joyful, get into action and talkative.
If you never saw Paprika, I highly recommend it! It is one of my favorite anime movies out there 😀
That’s all for today folks! What do you think of Paprika? Also, tell me which anime never gets old for you on the comments below!
See Ya Tomorrow! 😀