We Turned 1-Year-Old Yesterday!
Hello everyone and welcome to our place!!
So it seems that yesterday, one year ago, I started my account with the idea of doing this little place. I had no knowledge of the awesome Anime community whatsoever, no followers and no friendships. The only thing I had was the desire to write about the things I loved the most and get some experience with digital marketing so I could get a job under that area.
Well… One year has passed and things couldn’t be more different. Friendships… That’s the first thing that comes to mind. The friendships I created and the bonds that appeared because of blogging. It completely blows my mind to have friends from all over the place. People who started reading my stuff (and I started reading theirs) and by commenting friendships were built.
It completely blows my mind that if I tweet about something bad happening to me, or if I go away for a long time, people end up sending messages to check up on me. On the other hand, I do the same and feel honestly worried by the awesome people I met through WordPress and try to nurture those relationships the maximum I can.
It’s funny, right? When you think about it? When you remember the day you started your very first post? I don’t know, I just feel nostalgic right now lolol
But all of this rambling is just to say: Thank you so, so much for making part of this adventure and for being there! It’s been a crazy year and I couldn’t be happier to achieve the milestone of being with you all for 1 year. I’m sure that many years will come after this one 🙂
– Stats –
This is a usual thing to write about in blog anniversaries, right? Looking back to your stats and see how it went? I mean, the stats do not count the friendships, the smiles, the blushing, the conversations, etc… But, well… We will work with what we have!
When it comes to followers you already know, I reached the 500 followers milestone 2 weeks ago and I’m now sitting with520 wonderful people 😀 The house is getting huge you guys!
From what you can see from the image above, I’m not really that steady when it comes to views LOLOL Contrary to most of the blogs I’ve seen sharing their stats you don’t have a line going up from beginning to end, no… You have ups and downs and it’s more like a mountain with different peaks xD
I do not have that many explanations to say what happened in the lower months… Probably I just wrote less interesting posts, or maybe most people were not around for reasons I don’t have information about 😛
Regarding comments, I have a total of 3 145 comments. Being the main commentator, of course, the great and awesome Raistlin xD And, right behind him, it had to be fabulous Karandi! 😀 Well, I think those two are probably in the top of the commenting on most of your blogs too, so no surprise.
– The Most Read Posts –
Well, when it comes the most read posts, I think everyone knows which one is the number 1 xD
- Why, as a gay guy, I don’t like Shounen-ai animes! with 473 views at the moment 😛
- Blogging is hard with 240 views
- My Love Story | 5th Anniversary with 204 views
- Arthifis’ Classroom: Getting More Google Hits! – First Class with 172 views
- Raistlin Classroom: The Art of Commenting with 142 views
Are those my favorite posts? Well… I can’t say that they are not around the top! Blogging is Hard is one of my most personal post which I loved to write and to read your feedback. Of course, My Love Story also has to be one of my favorites since it had a hidden message for my boyfriend where it started a game of clues so he could find his present. Last, but not the least, I loved to do the collab with Raist. However, to be honest, I loved to do all the collabs!
I don’t think I can actually pick a favorite… At least at the moment where I’m feeling so nostalgic ahah, so let’s go and jump to some of my favorites posts, the collabs!
– Collabs –
With friendship comes the urge of wanting to create something together with someone and I just went to a bunch of people and bluntly asked to do collabs with me! For my happiness, all of them said yes ahah The collabs I had the honor to do were:
- First, it was the long-running collab with the awesome and with a great eye for hotties Mel with the name of Mel&Arthis Appreciating the Fine Men From the Anime World! This was a really fun collab to do and I can say it made me know way more anime male hotties to search in Pinterest xD
- Then, I had the pleasure to talk about one of my favorite Animes of all time, Steins;Gate with one my favorite Anime Bloggers, Irina. In this case, we tried to come up with some sense with what was happening in Steins;Gate 0… But, it ended up just us misinterpreting the show xD It was such a great conversation that it had to be cut in 4 parts lolol
- When I was doing the collab with Mel, Lina and Aria ended up also doing the challenge in their own blogs. We already had the idea to the pairing collab so it was a no-brainer that we had to invite these two awesome girls to come aboard. That’s how the Cupid L.A.M.A came to be and, for one month, we all had the opportunity to get some awesome (and other strange) BL pairings for us to let our imagination go wild! By the way, this Friday will come out the results of the polls, so stay tuned for that 😉
- During this, I’ve also done a collab with the awesome Raistlin which had a great feedback from you guys. Here I decided to go to one of the most amazing commentators I know and make him tell us how the hell is able to do such a feat. To be honest, I think it’s a must for everyone who wants to start commenting more.
- Although considered a tag created by Karandi and Raistlin, I just have to also talk about the Blog Evolution Tag With the Awesome Biblionyan. It was incredibly fun and Biblio just melted my heart with all the sweet words she wrote! 😀
- Last, but never the least, Karandi and I just started a new collab for the Fall Season. I never followed much seasonal Anime and wanted to change that, so I approached Karandi with the idea of us discussing in a conversation form about two Animes, a pick of mine and one hers. I’m really excited to do this!
There is another collab work in progress for some months now, but I won’t reveal it just yet 😛 Ah! And another one for the end of October, but it’s still a secret, so don’t tell anyone 😉
Of course, this will not be the end of it. Moreover, if you ever want to do a collab with me you know where to reach me! I would be honored 😀
– Amazon Affiliate Links –
I think it’s also important to talk about this. Not because they are too important, but probably you want to know more about ways to make money through blogging.
It’s been more or less 3 months since I started with affiliate links. I tried different things, but I think I finally grasped what works best for me. Every month I will change the manga and Anime of the month at the sidebar while, when it makes sense, I will add some affiliate links at the end of the post.
Until now I had:
- USA – 74 clicks, 0 revenue
- Canada – 24 clicks, 0 revenue
- Uk (Europe) – 77 clicks, 0 revenue
So, basically, no revenue yet ahah
– The Future –
I know, I know, the post is already terribly long… But, I need to talk about the future, right? It can’t be only about the past.
So, the first thing you will find a change is that I’ll be, probably, talking more about seasonal Anime this Fall season. For once, I decided to go and try to follow different Anime shows. In the future, I’ll give you the list. Not doing now because the post is already too long. But, long story short, expect me to comment more about seasonal Animes. Don’t expect episodic reviews though… At least, for now, I won’t be doing that.
I’ll try to post more often. I’ve been posting 3 days a week and I want to change that for 5 days a week… Let’s see if I’m able to xD
Expect to get some news about my book, of course. As also, having some longer posts with no images… which means I’m releasing one of the chapters ahah
Contrary to Anime, I’m not able to play so many games in time to comment every single week. So, it’s probably that the increased number of posts will be more Anime related and not gaming related. Nevertheless, I will try to go for older games I’ve played, continuing the PS Plus Free Games series and maybe I’ll start a trophy hunting kind of series… We’ll see.
– Conclusion –
It’s been a heck of a year and I couldn’t be happier! Yes, views are nice, followers are great… But, what I take the most from this year on blogging are the friendships I created! It has been awesome to pass this year with you guys <3 Thank you for entering my place and stayed for more! It means a lot! Love you all!