Day 15: Favorite Anime Sidekick | Too… Many… Options!
Hi guys and welcome to my place!
It’s day 15 of my 30-ish Anime Challenge!!! First, let us see the list of the challenge (You can click any of the days before to go to the post of that day :P):
- Day1: Very first anime you watched
Day 2: Favorite anime you’ve watched so far
- Day 3: Favorite male anime character ever
- Day 4: Favorite female anime character ever
- Day 5: Anime you’re ashamed you enjoyed
- Day 6: Anime you want to see but haven’t yet
- Day 7: Your anime crush
- Day 8: Favorite anime couple
- Day 9: Best anime villain
- Day 10: Favorite fighter anime
- Day 11: Favorite mech anime
- Day 12: Saddest anime scene
- Day 13: Anime character you are most similar to
- Day 14: Anime that never gets old no matter how many times you’ve rewatched it
- Day 15: Favorite anime sidekick, pet or summoning from any anime
- Day 16: Anime with the best animation
- Day 17: Favorite supporting male anime character
- Day 18: Favorite supporting female anime character
- Day 19: Most epic scene ever
- Day 20: Anime character that gets on your nerves
- Day 21: Favorite goofy anime character
- Day 22: Favorite weapon, gear or armor used in any anime
- Day 23: Favorite attack someone used in an anime
- Day 24: Moment that shocked you the most in any anime
- Day 25: Saddest anime death
- Day 26: Best anime fight
- Day 27: Most badass scene from any anime character
- Day 28: Favorite quote from any anime character
- Day 29: An anime you wished was real
- Day 30: An anime you wish never ended and continued on
Today is all about the sidekicks, pets or summonings… This should be 3 challenges!! I mean, how will you choose between all of them? I’m just going to cheat and give you my favourite for all of them. This way you will get 1 sidekick, 1 pet and 1 summoning. All of this in only one post (owo! Such bargain!).
Every hero needs his sidekick!!! Even though normally overshadowed by the main character, the sidekick is just as (or even more) important than the hero. They are the ones that help the hero when they doubt themselves, they are the ones who tell them to not give up and basically, they are the ones that the main character thrusts the most. The one that came to my mind instantly was:
Killua from HunterxHunter
Killua is by far my favorite character from HunterxHunter! It is difficult to change yourself, to let the past not define you, to be able to show that you are not the same as your family… Well, yes… It is really hard and Killua knows it in his skin. However, while still having an assassin mindset he meets Gon and as the majority of people he falls for Gon’s carefree, accepting and humble way to be. After that moment, Gon and Killua will not separate from each other for a long time and both grow up as characters together.
The best thing about their relationship is that even though they are completely different from each other they just accept and don’t judge each other. Killua has the job of making Gon having his feet on the ground, warning him when he is being too naive and basically being the brain of the operation.
Throughout the anime you will see a great evolution from Killua side, he starts to be influenced by Gon’s goodness and starts to be a little more carefree, more open about himself and just a better person overall. He is just an excellent character where it is really interesting to see his evolution. Ah! Don’t ever, but ever try to do something funny against Gon, Killua will kill you!
Now, for the favorite pets… Well I wouldn’t call him a pet, so I’ll change it a bit for the, favorite non-human sidekick!
Happy from Fairy Tail
I just love Happy so much! Happy is just that kind of character that you fall the moment you meet him, even though he is a little annoying sometimes… Happy is just this carefree, uplifting and cute cat (or should I say exceed) who just thinks about eating fish! It’s just so heartwarming seeing a character good to the bone that, even though being in the Fairy Tail world, always see the best of everyone and always see the good side of everything before seeing the bad. However, he sometimes also has wise words for Natsu and Lucy.
Natsu and Happy relationship is just fun to watch. Probably because Happy is with Natsu since his birth, there are some traits that he caught from Natsu. So every time there is a crazy or stupid idea they are always together (sometimes I feel sorry for Lucy rhough).
It’s easy to see the loyalty and love Natsu and Happy share which is really heartwarming to see!
Now, about summoning… Well at least it is a little more narrowed theme! 😀 One of the first that came to my mind was Saber from the Fate Zero, but then it just crossed my mind Aquarius from Fairy Tail and well… The pick was chosen! 😀
Aquarius from Fairy Tail
Aquarius was the first zodiac that Lucy was able to summon. Lucy lost her mother when she was really young and her father was always busy working, this way Aquarius was like her parental figure. Lucy would call her all the time when she was little, even though Aquarius would just get mad and scold Lucy. However, even though Aquarius has this Tsundere side, when you start to know her a little better you see that Aquarius loves Lucy almost as a mother, even though she doesn’t want to show that. When you finally see how motherly and how Aquarius loves Lucy… Well it just melts your heart!
Well, that’s my choices for this challenge! 😀 What do you think of them? Who is your favorite sidekick, pet, summoning of all time? Comment down below!